Tennessee never led against Florida and lost on a 63-yard touchdown pass on the last play of the game.
Here is what coach Butch Jones said following the game:
- On final play: I’ll wait until I see the video.
- On goal-line package: I’m not going to tell Umass or Georgia what we are going to do. Hindsight is 20/20.
- On missing 3 field goals: Those are difficult field goals. We need to get points on the board, but we also need to get first downs instead of taking long field goals.
- On John Kelly: He is the heart and soul of this football team. I can’t say enough about the way he played.
- On final play: When we allow him to flush the pocket anything is possible.
- On Justin Martin stripping the ball: We talk about it all the time. It was a remarkable play by Justin. I can’t say enough about that individual effort. He gave us a chance to win the game.
- On only two safeties playing: Depth is going to be a concern.
NEXT LOOK: Florida gets away with possible hold on final play of game vs. Tennessee