5 things every Tennessee fan needs to know today
Tennessee can’t just sit back and enjoy basking in the glow of an Outback Bowl selection. The Vols have a staff to hold together and, as always, recruiting is a top priority.
With coaching changes at other SEC schools afoot, the Vols are trying to make headway with some key prospects. Here is the latest recruiting news and coaching information.
Here are five things to know:
- Tennessee’s program has improved. That means a new set of challenges. Head coach Butch Jones discussed as much during a Monday press conference.
- Other schools have taken notice of Tennessee’s success. At least three assistants are candidates for other jobs.
- After his official visit to Knoxville last weekend, a former South Carolina commitment is ready to look around.
- One of Tennessee’s top targets talked to SEC Country about his recruitment on Monday.
- The Vols are almost a double-digit favorite to win the Outback Bowl.
Other Tennessee news from around the Internet
- Former Vols tight end Jason Witten hit another milestone, according to GoVols247.com’s Wes Rucker.
- An in-state prospect received a scholarship offer from Tennessee, according to 247Sports’s Barton Simmons.
The best stories around the SEC
- Kirby Smart knows the “process” at Alabama. Here he gave some insight as he was named the head coach at Georgia.
- Georgia’s new head coach has a challenge for his new team.
- South Carolina’s brass expects success immediately from Will Muschamp.
- Florida and Georgia are fighting for one of the best quarterback prospects in the nation.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban will recruit anyone. The nation’s top rated quarterback is no exception.