KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Welcome to the second edition of the Friday 5.
I did fairly well in the inaugural debut last week, but sadly, my bonus prediction did not happen. ‘Colossus’ wins again.
Anyhoo, this is Tennessee’s final cupcake before a brutal four-game gauntlet starts next weekend against Florida.
Here are five predictions for Saturday’s game vs Ohio (noon, SEC Network).
1. Will sophomore OL Jack Jones start?
My gut says no. I wouldn’t be surprised, but I think Coleman Thomas still starts and Jones sees a bunch of reps in a reserve role.
2. Does Colton Jumper see the majority of snaps at MLB?
Probably, but the experiment lasts just one game.
3. Will Tyler Bryd record his first-career touchdown
Yes. The freshman wideout will start in place of the injured Josh Smith and have a breakout performance.
4. Can Volunteers average more than 5.9 yards per completion?
They should. Ohio’s secondary is dismal, allowing 323 yards a game. This is a battle of units ranked 118th nationally, respectively, in passing offense and passing defense. Something’s got to give, right?
5. Will Tennessee avoid a letdown?
Sort of. Vols win, but won’t cover the spread.