KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee’s 2017 recruiting class continue to fill up Saturday night when coveted safety Jaquan Henderson announced his commitment to the Vols.
Henderson is a 6-foot-1, 205-pound safety from Covington, Georgia, who chose the Vols over Michigan, LSU and Arkansas among several other schools.
Henderson was originally committed to UCLA, but he reopened his recruitment on March 2. He is the eighth player to publicly commit to Tennessee at Saturday’s Orange Carpet recruiting event.
Henderson is ranked as the No. 44 player in Georgia and the No. 402 player in the nation.
The eight players who committed on Saturday were:
• 3-star DE Tre Lawson (North Augusta/North Augusta, S.C.)
• 3-star OT Jordan Tucker (Roswell/Roswell, Ga.)
• 3-star DE LaTrell Bumphus (Hardin County/Savannah, Tn.)
• 3-star RB Trey Coleman (West Monroe/West Monroe, La.)
• 3-star DB Theo Jackson (Overton/Nashville, Tn.)
• 3-star WR Princeton Fant (LaVergne/Lavergne, Tn.)
• 3-star DB Jaquan Henderson (Newton/Covington, Ga.)
• 4-star 2018 QB-ATH Alontae Taylor (Coffee County/Manchester, Tn.)
— Jaquan Henderson#1 (@JaquanHenderso2) June 19, 2016
Otw to Knoxville!!! ???
— Jaquan Henderson#1 (@JaquanHenderso2) June 18, 2016
— Maleik Gray (@GrayMaleik) June 19, 2016