KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Rumors are swirling around Tennessee’s football program right now.
Twitter is full of fake accounts fishing folks.
Hopefully, we’ll get some clarity on a number of topics from Volunteers coach Butch Jones here shortly.
While we wait, Tennessee has dropped three straight games, including a costly upset at South Carolina on Saturday. The Volunteers are now two games behind the Florida Gators in the SEC East.
Tennessee hosts Tennessee Tech for homecoming Saturday at 4 p.m.
Stay tuned for updates.
* “It’s a new week. It’s a new opportunity.” … “I like this team’s approach so far. You could tell their temperament after the game. There’s a lot of individuals that hurt.”
* “There’s a lot of football to be played.”
* “We can’t be overwhelmed by a loss like that. … We have to learn from it and move on.”
* “A football season is made up of adversities. … We’ll bounce-back.”
* Jones announces that Jalen Hurd is transferring from the program. Thanks Hurd for his efforts. “I value our relationship and I wish him the best.” Debunks “schematic scheme change promises.”
* Shy Tuttle is done for the season. Broke leg.
* Jones dismisses Jonathan Kongbo rumors. Said he simply lost a FIFA game. “That’s why we don’t panic.”
* Jones believes team chemistry can improve after this. Take takes a moment like the last couple of days to bring a team together.
* Jones will not address why Hurd wants to transfer.
* On slow start at South Carolina: “We lost our way. We lost our edge. We hang ourselves on playing with great effort and great energy.”
* Jones said Tennessee will practice more “good-on-good” this week.
* “We’re not gonna push the panic button. Football is a week-to-week season.”
* Jones getting salty about Jalen Hurd now. Snaps “next question.”
* Jones is excited about John Kelly. “We’re very, very excited about getting back Alvin.”
* Hurd was injured against South Carolina, per Jones.
* Mood of the team: “Hungry. Ready to get back on the practice field. Ready to play a game.”
* “We can’t leave our season in Columbia, South Carolina.”
* Jones with a new Butchism: “I always say, you’re either a fountain or a drain, what are you?”
* Kongbo is currently reviewing film with DL coach Steve Stripling.
* “Just a few weeks ago, everything was great. … I don’t pay any attention of that.”
* “Josh Dobbs is our quarterback.”
* “I told the team, the next four weeks will define our season.”
* “I take this program personally. I’m the caretaker of this program. … This football team is fine. We’re going to be fine.”