The Tennessee Volunteers have made public the contract information of every assistant coach on the first staff of new head coach Jeremy Pruitt.
Tennessee will be paying more than half of its assistants more than $500,000 this season. SEC Country obtained the information from a FOIA request.
New offensive coordinator Tyson Helton will make the most, at $1,205,000 million this year, while new defensive coordinator Kevin Sherrer will make the fourth-highest salary, at $705,000. Here are the other assistants’ salaries:
- Co-defensive coordinator Chris Rumph and offensive assistant Will Friend: $805,000
- Director of Strength and Conditioning Craig Fitzgerald: $625,000
- Robert Gillespie: $515,000
- Tracy Rocker and David Johnson: $505,000
- Charles Kelly: $330,000
- Terry Fair: $255,000
- Brian Niedermeyer: $205,000
Pruitt himself will make at least $3.8 million this season as part of the six-year contract he signed when he became the Volunteers head coach. More details on the incentives and buyout information on Pruitt’s deal can be found here.