Tennessee closed out its 2016 class with a bang. Here are the most important late developments that took place on Wednesday:
- Six things Butch Jones likes about his 2016 class
- Grading Tennessee’s 2016 class
- Butch Jones: “We were going to swing the bat”
- Nigel Warrior, 4-star DB, Peachtree Ridge, Ga. (Tennessee)
- Derrick Brown, 5-star DT, Sugar Hill, Ga. (Auburn)
- Jonathan Kongbo, DE, Arizona Western Junior College in Yuma, Ariz (Tennessee)
- Landon Dickerson, 4-star OL, Hudson, N.C. (FSU)
- Latrell Williams , 3-star WR, Lake City, Fla. (Tennessee)
Here’s a recap of the day:
- 3 p.m. – Derrick Brown, 5-star DT, Sugar Hill, Ga. (Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and Tennessee). Brown spurned the Vols for Auburn, which made a strong push lately. Brown is a loss but the Vols won’t let his decision damper the day.
- 1:30 p.m. – Jonathan Kongbo from Arizona Western Junior College in Yuma, Ariz. committed to Tennessee over Alabama, Southern California, Ole Miss and Florida State. The Crimson Tide were not considered a finalist until Kongbo included them in a tweet before his announcement on Wednesday. He is the No. 1 junior college player in the country.
— Dan Harralson (@danharralson) February 3, 2016
- 12:30 p.m.: Landon Dickerson, 4-star OL, Hudson, N.C. (Alabama, Florida State and Tennessee). The Vols missed out on Dickerson when committed to Florida State.
- 11 a.m. – WR Latrell Williams from Columbia High School (Lake City, Fla.) signed with Tennessee in a surprise decision. The three-star receiver was formerly committed to Miami.
— Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) February 3, 2016
- 8 a.m. – DB Nigel Warrior (Tennessee). Son of former Tennessee All-America DB Dale Carter picked Tennessee over Auburn and UGA, among others.
— UT Student Rewards (@studenTrewards) February 3, 2016
All player ranking and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.