KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — It’s the third Saturday in October and that means Tennessee against Alabama.
The Vols enters the game as an underdog of historic proportions.
Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano will make his second start. His first start came last week in the 15-9 loss to South Carolina.
Guarantano completed 11 of 18 passes for 133 yards.
One reason Tennessee’s coaching staff made the switch from Quinten Dormady to Guarantano was to spark the offense. The Vols have now gone 10 consecutive quarters without a touchdown.
This opportunity to turn the trend around won’t be easy. Alabama has outscored SEC opponents 193-39 in 4 games this season.
Tennessee football vs. Alabama, game time, details
- Time: 3:30 ET
- Date: Saturday, October 21
- Location: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
What channel is Tennessee-Alabama on?
CBS is televising the football game between Tennessee and Alabama.
How can I watch Tennessee-Alabama online?
Fans can go to CBS for online viewing of the Tennessee-Alabama game.
How can I listen to Tennessee-Alabama on the radio?
You can listen to the Tennessee broadcast on the Vol Network, with Bob Kesling and Tim Priest on the call. The Vols-Crimson Tide football game also is on satellite radio, Sirius Channel 138 and XM Channel 190.
Who is calling Tennessee-Alabama for ESPN?
Brad Nessler will handle play-by-play duties and Gary Danielson will provide analysis for the Tennessee-Alabama football game.
What you need to know about Tennessee-Alabama
• This is the 100th meeting between Tennessee and Alabama.
• Tennessee’s defense allows 129.2 passing yards per game, the first in the nation among Power 5 teams.
• Vols sophomore linebacker Daniel Bituli averages 9.2 tackles per game, second in the SEC.
• Tennessee holds a .656 winning percentage since the start of the 2015 season – a 21-11 mark – that ranks No. 24 among the Power 5.
• Vols punter Trevor Daniel ranks third in the country with a 48.17 yards-per-punt average.
• Tennessee tailback John Kelly leads the SEC in all-purpose yards and yards from scrimmage at 133.7.
• Tennessee is missing seven starters for the game on account of injuries/suspension: RT Chance Hall (knee), WR Jauan Jennings (wrist), KR Evan Berry (knee), DE Darrell Taylor (suspension), MLB Darrin Kirkland (knee), OLB Cortez McDowell (wrist), SS Todd Kelly Jr. (knee).
• The Vols are 33-24 under Butch Jones.