KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee basketball is fighting to hold on to the ground it made up in January, putting second place in the SEC standings on the line against Florida.
The No. 19-raked Vols have lost two of their last three games, unable to match the emotion and intensity they used to snap a 10-game win streak in Rupp Arena on Feb. 6.
Coach Rick Barnes has singled out sophomore power forward Grant Williams as a player who must step up and play to his immense potential for Tennessee to be at its best against the Gators.
Barnes said the Vols point guards must also eliminate mistakes and start showing the type of consistency necessary to win games late in the season when most teams are peaking.
Tennessee-Florida basketball: Game info, details
- Time: Tipoff is at 6 p.m. ET, Feb, 21, 2018
- Location: Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Records: Tennessee 19-7 overall, 9-5 SEC; Florida 17-10, 8-6 SEC
How can I watch the game?
The game can be watched on ESPN 2.
How can I live stream the game?
The game can be seen on the WatchESPN app. (Cable or satellite subscription required.)
How can I listen to the game?
The game will air on the Vol Sports Network. Satellite: Sirius 138, XM 202
Projected Vols starting lineup
- Point guard: Sophomore Jordan Bone
- Shooting guard: Sophomore Jordan Bowden
- Small forward: Junior Admiral Schofield
- Power forward: Sophomore Grant Williams
- Power forward: Junior Kyle Alexander
3 things to know
• Jordan Bone has 31 assists and 3 turnovers in the Vols’ last six games
• Grant Williams scored just 6 points and had one rebound in his only previous meeting with Florida.
• Tennessee has a No. 15 RPI rank and Florida is No. 63.
What’s next for Tennessee?
The Vols face Ole Miss on Saturday at 1 p.m. at The Pavilion in Oxford, Miss.
BEAT THOSE BOYS FROM THE PENINSULA!!
Go Vols and see y’all Wednesday night.. pic.twitter.com/v0XpFFkwWO
— Rocky Top Rowdies (@RockyTopRowdies) February 20, 2018