KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee has been rolling early in the season and looks like a potential NCAA Tournament team.
The Vols turn their attention to Georgia Tech Sunday at 6 p.m. ET on ESPNU. The Yellow Jackets lost the matchup between the two last season, 81-58.
The Vols coming off of an 84-60 win over Mercer. There were a lot of positives to take away from the game, but coach Rick Barnes said afterward there were places to improve.
“We won the game really with our offense,” Barnes said. “I didn’t think that we had the same
pop with our defense. When you look at it, we had 26 assists on the 30 baskets that we
made. We got outrebounded and that is three games in a row now. We’ve got to do a
The Vols have shared the ball well on offense, which has opened up a lot of open 3-pointers. If they can make their open shots, the team can be dangerous.
Georgia Tech lost to Grambling 64-63 Friday. It will be looking to get back into the win column.
Tennessee-Georgia Tech basketball: Game info, details
- Time: Tip-off is at 6 p.m. ET on December 3, 2017
- Location: McCamish Pavilion
- Records: Tennessee 5-1; Georgia Tech 4-2
- Series: Tennessee leads, 43-28
- Last game: Tennessee won, 81-58, in 2016
How can I watch the game?
The game can be watched on ESPNU.
How can I live stream the game?
The game can be seen on the WatchESPN app. (Cable or satellite subscription required.)
How can I listen to the game?
The game will air on the Vol Sports Network. Check local listings.
Projected Vols starting lineup
- Point guard: Sophomore Jordan Bone
- Shooting guard: Sophomore Jordan Bowden
- Small forward: Junior Admiral Schofield
- Power forward: Sophomore Grant Williams
- Power forward: Junior Kyle Alexander
What’s next for Tennessee?
Tennessee will face Lipscomb on Dec. 9 in Thompson-Boling Arena.