When it comes to bowl projections, Tennessee isn’t easy to prognosticate.
The Vols are 3-4 overall and 1-3 in the SEC. It’s still possible, although unlikely, for Tennessee to win the SEC East. Likewise, the Vols have the potential to finish last in their division.
With five games remaining, the Vols still have a chance to finish above .500. Despite their current record and position in the SEC East, they also have reason to be optimistic after a comeback, upset win over Georgia and a close loss to Alabama in Tuscaloosa. In their remaining games, the Vols will likely be favored in each one. However, these Vols have been tough to predict all season long.
Here are some projections for the Vols come bowl season:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) – Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) – Music City Bowl vs. N.C. State
- CollegeSportsMadness.com – Belk Bowl vs. North Carolina
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) – Belk Bowl vs. Duke
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) – Music City Bowl vs. Minnesota
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) – Liberty Bowl vs. Texas
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) – Music City Bowl vs. Northwestern