Tennessee’s bowl possibilities figure to remain cloudy until after the Missouri game on Saturday. If Tennessee (6-4) can beat a motivated Tigers squad, things should start to come into focus. Missouri (5-5) can become eligible for a bowl with a win, and it will be coach Gary Pinkel’s final home game before he steps away at the end of the season.
Only a home game against Vanderbilt will remain after this weekend. The Vols will be a heavy favorite in that game, meaning the SEC and bowl committees should already have a true feel for where the Vols should land.
Here are some possibilities:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) vs. Kansas State
- Campusinsiders.com (Pete Fiutak) — Liberty Bowl vs. Big 12 opponent
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Texas Bowl (Houston) vs. Texas Tech
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) vs. Duke
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) vs. Illinois
- SaturdayDownSouth.com — Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) vs. Northwestern
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Belk Bowl vs. Duke