KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee’s offense can only do so much this season, and much of that will be based on the offensive line.
The Vols were so thin at the position last season that they were down to four scholarship offensive linemen during a game against LSU.
New Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt and offensive line coach Will Friend are doing what they can to bolster the position group.
Defensive linemen Greg Emerson, Matthew Butler and Eric Crosby all suited up for the offense this spring to help provide depth.
WNML’s Josh Ward and Mike Griffith discuss the issues facing the Vols offensive line, including the future of sidelined sophomore Trey Smith.
Tennessee football podcast
Tennessee football previews
- Vols offensive line preview: Will Friend triggers big improvements
- Tennessee tailbacks: Can Ty Chandler play big enough to win starting job?
- Vols running backs podcast: Who will Jeremy Pruitt turn to for a yard?
- Tennessee quarterbacks podcast: Discussing Vols issues at QB
- Vols quarterbacks: Don’t call it a controversy, but it is a competition
- Pruitt has vague answers that trigger intrigue
- Pruitt and Vols AD Phillip Fulmer see a lot of things the same way