Tennessee offensive tackles Brett Kendrick, Drew Richmond out for battered Vols
COLUMBIA, Mo. — Tennessee will be without incumbent offensive tackles Brett Kendrick and Drew Richmond for tonight’s game at Missouri, according to a team source.
Neither Kendrick nor Richmond, who also missed last week’s 24-10 win over Southern Miss, made the trip with the Vols for the 7:30 p.m. game at Faurot Field against the Tigers.
Tennessee (4-5, 0-5 SEC) is a 10-point underdog to Missouri, (4-5, 1-4), which has won three consecutive games.
Vols true freshman Trey Smith will likely get his second career start at left tackle. Smith became the first true freshman to start at left tackle for Tennessee in 30 years last week.
The Vols also have an iffy quarterback situation, as redshirt freshman quarterback Jarrett Guarantano is a game-time decision.
True freshman Will McBride, who saw his first career action last week, would start if Guarantano (ankle) can’t go.
McBride was very active in warm-ups, but Guarantano also had his ankles taped heavily and was taking warm-up snaps.
Earlier this week, Coach Butch Jones declared that kick return All-American Evan Berry has been ruled out for the season.
Tennessee football injury report
(* denotes starters)
Tennessee football out for season
• *KR Evan Berry (knee/hamstring)
• *WR Jauan Jennings (wrist)
• *OL Jack Jones (shoulder/neck)
• *OLB Cortez McDowell (wrist)
• *MLB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (knee)
• *SS Todd Kelly Jr. (knee)
• *OT Chance Hall (knee)
• DB Cheyenne Labruzza (knee)
• OT K’Rohjn Calbert (knee)
• *QB Quinten Dormady (shoulder)
• WR Jacquez Jones (knee)
• WR Latrell Williams (undisclosed)
Tennessee football questionable for Missouri
• *WR Marquez Callaway (ankle)
• *QB Jarrett Guarantano (ankle)
Tennessee football out for Missouri
• *OL Brett Kendrick (head)
• *OT Drew Richmond (head)
• *WR Josh Smith (ankle)
• *OT Marcus Tatum (unknown)