Tennessee was searching for another wide receiver to add to the Class of 2018 and it finally has it.
Jordan Young made it official on Friday via his Twitter.
— JORDAN W. YOUNG🎈 (@JY_8SZN) January 19, 2018
Young quickly became a hot name on the recruiting trail after Tennessee offered last Sunday. The Vols were the first Power 5 school to extend an offer to the under-recruited prospect.
Young is a 6-foot-2, 185-pound athletic prospect who has a highlight tape that’ll probably surprise most since he wasn’t so little recruited.
He didn’t hold a ranking until just a few days ago from 247Sports but was given a 4-stars recently. He doesn’t have a composite ranking on the site.
The Conyers, Ga., native has a lot of natural skill and should fit into the Vols new pro-style system.
This commitment moves the Class of 2018 total to 18 with about a week and a half left until National Signing Day on Feb. 7.
Young joins Alonte Taylor as the other wide receiver in the class. It’s possible the Vols might take another, but they’ll likely be happy with these two.
Here is a list of the current commits:
- DE Greg Emerson, 4 stars, Jackson, Tenn.
- DT Brant Lawless, 4 stars, Nashville, Tenn.
- WR Alontae Taylor, 4 stars, Manchester, Tenn.
- T Jerome Carvin, 4 stars, Cordova, Tenn.
- TE Dominick Wood-Anderson, 4 stars, Spring Valley, Calif.
- WR Jordan Young, 4 stars, Conyers, Ga.
- OLB JJ Peterson, 4 stars, Cordele, Ga.
- DE Jordan Allen, 3 stars, Fairfield, Calif.
- T Jahmir Johnson, 3 stars, Philadelphia
- RB Jeremy Banks, 3 stars, Cordova, Tenn.
- QB JT Shrout, 3 stars, Newhall, Calif.
- DT D’Andre Litaker, 3 stars, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- DT Kinston Harris, 3 stars, Bradenton, Fla.
- RB Anthony Grant, 3 stars, Buford, Ga.
- TE Jacob Warren, 3 stars, Knoxville, Tenn.
- G Ollie Lane, 3 stars, Corryton, Tenn.
- T Tanner Antonutti, 3 stars, Nashville, Tenn.
- P Paxton Brooks, 3 stars, West Columbia, S.C.