Tennessee’s hot streak on the recruiting trail continues with the addition of Lakia Henry on Sunday.
— Lakia Henry (@Lakia_henry_4) May 20, 2018
Henry is one of the best junior college linebackers in the country. He will likely be an early impact player early in the 2019 season.
Henry had to attend Dodge City Community College due to poor grades. He’s always been a solid football player. His recruitment took off this winter after he had an excellent freshman season and his grades appeared on track.
The 6-foot-1, 225-pound inside linebacker had 110 tackles and 13 tackles for loss last season.
Henry held SEC offers from Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and South Carolina.
Tennessee hosted him on an unofficial visit last Saturday. It was his first visit to a Division 1 school ever. The coaching staff and facilities were enough to make him feel like Tennessee was the place he should commit.
- Wanya Morris, 5-star tackle, 6-foot-6, 290 pounds, Loganville, Ga.
- Ramel Keyton, 4-star wide receiver, 6-3, 184 pounds, Marietta, Ga.
- Jackson Lampley, 4-star guard, 6-4, 290 pounds, Nashville, Tenn.
- Jackson Lowe, 4-star tight end, 6-5, 242 pounds, Cartersville, Ga.
- Wanya Morris, 5-star tackle, 6-6, 290 pounds, Loganville, Ga.
- Sean Brown, 3-star tight end, 6-5, 240 pounds, Rome, Ga.
- Darel Middleton, JUCO defensive tackle, 6-6, 285 pounds, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- LeDarrius Cox, 3-star defensive tackle, 6-4, 305 pounds, Mobile, Ala.