Tennessee added a commitment from linebacker Lakia Henry on Saturday as the Vols’ hot recruiting May continues.
Henry is the eighth commitment of the 2019 class for the Vols. Coach Jeremy Pruitt has come in and turn the college football world’s head with his recruiting efforts.
With that in mind, here is where things stand for the Vols’ Class of 2019:
Where Tennessee’s class ranks
The 247Sports composite ranks the Volunteers’ 2019 class at No. 17 in the nation and No. 8 in the SEC.
The Henry commitment was the biggest news of the week for the Vols.
In case you missed anything from this week, here are the latest headlines:
- Tennessee lands commitment from No. 1 JUCO linebacker Lakia Henry
- Commitment 101: Get to know Tennessee’s newest commit, elite LB Lakia Henry
- Tennessee’s terrific recruiting month shows exactly how well Jeremy Pruitt can do
- Who will be Tennessee’s next commit?
- Jeremy Pruitt ‘my kind of coach’ for 4-star LB Kane Patterson after Tennessee visit
- What are the chances Tennessee lands some more 5-star recruits?
- Promising DE Elijah Roberts details ‘surprising’ offer from Tennessee
- Relationship building helps Tennessee stand out to top prospects
Offers, by the numbers
- Reported offers: 345
- In-state recruits offered: 23
- Florida recruits offered: 55
- Georgia recruits offered: 57
- Texas recruits offered: 36
- Wanya Morris, 5-star tackle, 6-foot-6, 290 pounds, Loganville, Ga.
- Ramel Keyton, 4-star wide receiver, 6-3, 184 pounds, Marietta, Ga.
- Jackson Lampley, 4-star guard, 6-4, 290 pounds, Nashville, Tenn.
- Jackson Lowe, 4-star tight end, 6-5, 242 pounds, Cartersville, Ga.
- Lakia Henry, 4-star linebacker, 6-1, 225 pounds, Vidalia, Ga.
- Sean Brown, 3-star tight end, 6-5, 240 pounds, Rome, Ga.
- Darel Middleton, JUCO defensive tackle, 6-6, 285 pounds, Oak Ridge, Tenn.
- LeDarrius Cox, 3-star defensive tackle, 6-4, 305 pounds, Mobile, Ala.
Top uncommitted targets
- 4-star wide receiver Lance Wilhoite, Nashville, Tenn.: Coach Jeremy Pruitt and his staff are building a relationship Butch Jones couldn’t create, but the Vols are behind in the chase. Wilhoite is the No. 1 prospect in the Volunteer State, according to the 247Sports composite. The Volunteers have made the Franklin Academy Road standout one of the top priorities in the class. He visited campus on April 12, and it was a key opportunity to impress the sought-after wideout.
- 4-star safety Jaylen McCollough, Powder Springs, Ga.: Jaylen McCollough has visited Alabama more than any other school. The Crimson Tide would appear to be the favorites, but they might not be so keen on the Hillgrove High standout. His 4.7-second 40 time has Alabama holding back. Tennessee and South Carolina are trying to swoop in and land the talented defensive back.
- 4-star cornerback, Jaydon Hill, Madison, Ala.: It’s not groundbreaking news the Volunteers need talented cornerbacks in the Class of 2019. Jaydon Hill fits that bill. He attended the Orange and White game. Tennessee is behind South Carolina in his recruitment, but it’s close. Texas A&M has also come into the mix.
A breakdown of the number of commits by position:
- TE: 2 (Lowe, Brown)
- OL: 2 (Lampley, Morris)
- DL: 2 (Cox, Middleton)
- LB: 1 (Henry)
- WR: 1 (Keyton)
A breakdown of Tennessee’s commits by state:
- Georgia: 5 (Lowe, Morris, Brown, Keyton, Henry)
- Tennessee: 2 (Lampley, Middleton)
- Alabama: 1 (Cox)