KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Tennessee will look to continue its softball dominance over Ole Miss this weekend and stay ranked in the Top 25.
The No. 19-ranked Lady Vols (22-5, 3-3 SEC) play host to the Rebels (21-6, 0-3 SEC) at 6 p.m. tonight in the first of a three-game series at Sheri Parker Lee Stadium.
Tennessee is coming off a 9-2 win over No. 25 North Carolina on Wednesday, while Ole Miss defeated Mississippi State in a contest that didn’t count toward either teams’s SEC record.
UT’s win was the 1,000 in the career of Tennessee co-head coach Karen Weekly.
— Tennessee Softball (@Vol_Softball) March 23, 2017
The Lady Vols are 44-8 all-time against the Rebels and have won 16 of the past 17 meetings.
Tennessee Softball Game Times
Friday: 6 p.m.
Saturday: 6 p.m.
Sunday: 1:30 p.m.
Tennessee Softball TV/Online Info
Friday: SEC Network + WatchESPN Online
Saturday: SEC Network TV
Sunday: SEC Network+ WatchESPN Online
Tennessee Softball Radio Info
Friday: WNML AM 990 AM streamed at UTsports.com
Saturday: WNML FM 99.1/AM 990, streamed UTsports.com
Sunday: WNML 990 AM, UTsports.com
Tennessee Softball Live Stats Online
The live stats can be found on UTsports.com
Tennessee Softball Story Lines
• Tennessee is 22-1 all-time against Ole Miss in Knoxville and 9-1 at home this season.
• Lady Vols Freshman third baseman Chelsea Seggern has started all 28 games and her 21 RBIs rank third on the team. Seggern is coming off a three-RBI game against North Carolina that included her hitting a home run and a triple.
• Former Lady Vols All-American Raven Chavanne will serve as analyst for Sunday game
• Ole Miss is playing on the road for the first time in 26 days
• The Rebels ran fourth in the nation in scoring with 7.36 runs per game, while UT is eight (7.00).
• Tennessee ranks 10th in the SEC in fielding percentage and 10 different players have at least one error so far.