Tennessee’s bowl projections are warming up after winning 4 straight games
Tennessee’s potential bowl destinations are still all over the map.
Some prognosticators have the Vols (7-4, 4-3 SEC) staying in state. Others have Tennessee headed to Charlotte, N.C. However, this is the first time that two analysts have predicted a Tampa, Fla. locale, for the Outback Bowl.
Of course, the Vols still have to take care of business this week as they host Vanderbilt (4-7, 2-5 SEC). However, a sunny bowl destination looks to be within Tennessee’s grasp.
Here are some possibilities:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) — Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.) vs. Kansas State
- Campusinsiders.com (Pete Fiutak) — Liberty Bowl vs. West Virginia
- CollegeSportsMadness.com — Birmingham (Ala.) Bowl vs. Temple
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) — Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.) vs. Northwestern
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) — Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.) vs. Nebraska
- SaturdayDownSouth.com — Belk Bowl (Charlotte, N.C.) vs. N.C. State
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) — Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) — Belk Bowl vs. Miami