TGIF, everyone! With the players taking some time off for the upcoming bye week, our focus shifts toward Kevin Sumlin and the recruiting of future Aggies.
Let’s get you caught up to speed on this fine Friday:
- Tyrie Cleveland, the nation’s sixth-ranked wide receiver from Westfield (Houston), narrowed his list down to eight schools and has Texas A&M included among the programs he’s considering. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound senior is also considering Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Houston, TCU, Oklahoma and Arizona State.
- Is coach Kevin Sumlin being taken care of financially by Texas A&M? #YESSIR! (as his trademark hashtag would say) Sumlin is set to make at least $5 million this season, making him the seventh-highest paid coach in the nation, according to a report from USA Today. Sumlin joins Alabama coach Nick Saban, LSU coach Les Miles and Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze among SEC coaches included in top-10 highest paid college football coaches.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet:
- Long Beach Poly (Calif.) athlete Jack Jones gave an underwhelming response when asked about his official visit to College Station last weekend. “It wasn’t too bad,” Jones told 247Sports.com‘s Taylor Hamm. “I like the way they use Christian Kirk, which is why I took the visit in the first place.” The 5-foot-10, 170-pound athlete is listed as a wide receiver, cornerback and returner and is also considering Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA and USC.
- Texas A&M has their work cut out for them in the Week 7 matchup against an Alabama team that defeated Georgia 38-10 last Saturday. Jeff Tarpley of 247Sports.com suggests that explosive plays from the likes of Christian Kirk and Josh Reynolds may be the key to defeating the Tide.
The best stories around the SEC:
- LSU lending charter plane to Gamecocks for Saturday’s game
- Will Bret Bielema’s black hat bring Arkansas luck against Alabama?
- Butch Jones defends himself on radio show
- Alabama makes kind gesture to local family after father’s death
- South Carolina relief: Vanderbilt fills two trucks with bottled water
It's been a long process but these are the schools that I'm interest in, I'm truly blessed to be in this position ?? pic.twitter.com/GtfXiSE1N5
— Cleve (@Tyrie_1) October 8, 2015