TGIF, everyone! We’re finally a day away from the highly anticipated conference showdown between No. 9 Texas A&M and No. 10 Alabama.
Here are three things to know:
- Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was as shocked as anyone when he learned that former Texas A&M teammate Thomas Johnson was connected with a murder.
- The Aggies top quarterback recruit Tate Martell (Las Vegas, Nev.) of Bishop Gorman High School predicts a 14-point Texas A&M victory against the Crimson Tide on Saturday.
- Texas A&M is set to debut its all-black #AggieNights uniforms against South Carolina on Oct. 31, and their new helmets may end up being the most talkedabout part of the uniforms come game day. Twitter user “mkaybarbzzz” shared photos of what the helmets look like with and without flash.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet
- Aggies target and 4-star defensive end Lagaryonn Carson committed to r Texas, according to Scout.The class of 2017 recruit from Liberty-Eylau High School (Texarkana, Texas) spurned offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Baylor, LSU, North Texas, Oklahoma, SMU and Tennessee.
- ESPN’s Matt Hinton called Texas A&M quarterback Kyle Allen the Anti-Manziel in his piece for Grantland.
The best stories around the SEC
- Nick Saban explains what makes him “cussin mad”
- Tennessee player rips UGA for controversial chop block
- South Carolina interim coach’s first radio show features Steve Spurrier
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn: “We probably played our best overall game of the year”
- His quarterbacks have last word on Spurrier