Texas A&M players and coaches will speak with the media Tuesday at 1 p.m. ET to reflect on last Saturday’s 41-23 loss to No. 8 Alabama and comment on what the team can expect from its Week 8 road matchup against No. 24 Ole Miss.
Here are three things to know:
- Despite suffering their first loss of the season, Aggies defensive end Myles Garrett was named the SEC’s defensive lineman of the week. The sophomore blocked a punt, sacked Alabama quarterback Jake Coker and made five tackles, two for losses.
- The SEC announced the time for Texas A&M’s Week 9 home game against South Carolina. It’s set for a noon ET kickoff, shown on ESPN or SEC Network.
- With the kickoff for their Week 9 showdown against the Gamecocks set for 11 a.m. CT, the Aggies will have to debut their #AggieNights uniforms in broad daylight. The problem with the announced game time is that it may defeat Texas A&M’s purpose of debuting its new helmet, since the decal logos on the sides of the helmet were expected to light up at night.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet:
- Cleveland’s Newsnet5.com obtained the dash cam footage in last week’s argument between Johnny Manziel and his girlfriend.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban denied that Crimson Tide linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton intentionally targeted Texas A&M linebacker Sam Moeller. Hamilton was ejected in the second quarter in Alabama’s 41-23 win over Texas A&M.