3 things every Texas A&M fan needs to know today
The bye week is finally over! Like most of us, the Aggies are headed back to work on Monday as they prepare for Saturday’s big game against Alabama at Kyle Field.
Here’s what you need to know today:
- Texas A&M remained at No. 9 in the AP Top 25. The bye week didn’t end up hurting the Aggies in Week 6 after the Associated Press released its Top 25 Poll Sunday.
- Despite playing at Kyle Field against a lower-ranked opponent this Saturday, No. 9 Texas A&M will host No. 10 Alabama as early three-point underdogs in Vegas.
- If you are thinking about road tripping to a college football game, make sure to not only tailgate responsibly, but also make sure to get a handle on your Google Maps route. At the Aggies’ last home game, a fan was arrested at Kyle Field after thinking he was in Arlington for the Texas Tech game.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet
- Myles Garrett gained a reputation around the country as one of the most intimidating players in college football. But according to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle, the 6-foot-5, 262 pound defensive end is a gentle giant off the field. Garrett’s sister Brea told Zwerneman how her younger brother refuses to kill bugs that come into his room.
- Former Texas A&M running back Christine Michael posted a photo on Instagram Sunday saying that he was stopped by a Texas State Trooper for a picture. No word on exactly why the current Dallas Cowboys running back got pulled over in the first place or if he got a ticket.
- The Cleveland Browns tried out former Aggie tight end Cameron Clear on Friday, according to a report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. No word on whether the Browns are considering to sign Clear moving forward. Clear played with the Aggies for his senior season 2014 after transferring from Tennessee and Arizona Western College.
The best stories around the SEC
- South Carolina QB Connor Mitch could return against Vanderbilt
- Auburn may use two QBs against Kentucky
- Tennessee gets good news on injury front
- Greatest hits in the SEC: Week 6 edition
- Best quotes from around the SEC: “My heart… just shattered”