4 things every Texas A&M fan needs to know today
Interceptions from Texas A&M quarterbacks Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray doomed the Aggies in their 41-23 home loss to Alabama on Saturday. The Aggies will look to rebound from the loss by preparing for its Week 8 matchup against Ole Miss.
Here are four things to know:
- Texas A&M couldn’t avenge last season’s 59-0 loss to Alabama, but Aggies coach Kevin Sumlin praised his defense for sustaining a high level of effort throughout the game.
- Alabama freshman wide receiver Calvin Ridley gave Texas A&M fans props following the Crimson Tide’s road win over the Aggies.
- Alabama offensive lineman Cam Robinson said after the win that he thought the Texas A&M defense didn’t want to tackle Crimson Tide running back Derrick Henry.
- The SEC announced Saturday that Texas A&M’s Oct. 24 showdown against Ole Miss is scheduled for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff in Oxford, Miss. The game will be televised on ESPN.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet
- The Dallas Morning News’ Kate Hairopoulos believes that the Aggies aren’t a proven playoff contender due to the performance of their offense against the Crimson Tide.
- According to some NFL scouts, Texas A&M sophomore defensive end Myles Garrett is already considered “the best player in college football.”
- Tom Fornelli of CBS Sports posted both a video and a photo of a Texas A&M fan stunned in disbelief after Kyle Allen threw a pick-six to Alabama defensive back Eddie Jackson, putting the Aggies in a 21-6 hole in the second quarter.
The best stories around the SEC
- Lane Kiffin blocked Nick Saban timeout on crucial 4th-and-2
- Les Miles: LSU put fake field goal into gameplan specifically for Florida
- UGA student section has a special message for Nick Chubb
- Actor Tom Cruise makes appearance at LSU-Florida game
- Florida’s Antonio Callaway hauls in ridiculous one-handed catch