4 things every Texas A&M fan needs to know today
It was a rough weekend for Texas A&M football fans as they saw the Aggies lose for the second time this season, this time to Ole Miss 23-3. The Aggies look to rebound from their loss in Oxford by preparing for next week’s matchup at home against South Carolina.
Here are four things to know:
- After a decisive loss against Ole Miss,Texas A&M fell out of the AP Top 25 altogether on Sunday after being ranked No. 15 entering Week 8.
- South Carolina interim coach Shawn Elliott said on Sunday’s teleconference that he believes that Texas A&M is still one of the best teams in the nation, despite losing back to back games to SEC West rivals.
- The Aggies never found their groove on offense in Saturday’s loss to Ole Miss and former Texas A&M football players were not shy when voicing their frustration on Twitter.
- The quarterback situation in College Station is getting even more tense, as new details emerged regarding the circumstances that led to Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin not putting freshman quarterback Kyler Murray in the game after benching Kyle Allen in the fourth quarter.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet
- The Dallas Morning News’ Brandon Wheeland listed the reaction of college football writers across the country following Texas A&M’s loss to Ole Miss.
- Arkansas extended its offer to 3-star running back and Texas A&M commit Rakeem Boyd of Stratford High School (Houston, Tex.), according to a report from 247Sports’ Otis Kirk.
The best stories around the SEC
- Multiple SEC coaches could draw interest for Miami opening
- The SEC’s Big Picture: The East is on the line in Week 9
- Alabama’s Nick Saban at risk of losing three assistant coaches this year
- Former UGA RBs Todd Gurley and Isaiah Crowell trade jerseys
- Best quotes from around the SEC: “Alex Collins pissed me off — he was late for breakfast”