Good morning, Aggies fans. It was a busy Saturday in College Station as Texas A&M held its annual spring game at Kyle Field. Here’s the rundown of all the news you might have missed:
Here are six things to know:
- Texas A&M’s offense overcame its defense in the 2016 spring game.
- A big reason why the offense fared so well was a trick play that led to a big touchdown.
- Five-star Texas A&M commit Tate Martell had some harsh words for the NCAA.
- Coach Kevin Sumlin broke down the Aggies’ quarterback battle after the spring game.
- A four-star offensive tackle committed to A&M after attending the spring game.
- A Texas A&M receiver unleashed a unique celebration after scoring a touchdown.
Other Texas A&M news from around the Internet
- Auburn’s quarterbacks are holding back a potential SEC contender, writes Duane Rankin of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- According to 247Sports’ Evan McCullers, three running backs impressed on A-Day.
The best stories around the SEC
- Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze is on board with playing other teams during spring games.
- Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari said four of his players shouldn’t have left early for the NBA.
- South Carolina has a heated quarterback competition, as well, but unlike Auburn, the Tigers’ spring game provided more clarity at the position.