Texas A&M bowl projections after 5-1 start
Texas A&M enters Week 8 coming off a disappointing 41-23 home loss to Alabama. While the season is far from over, the Aggies dropped out of a New Year’s Six Bowl in all eight expert projections.
The No. 15 Aggies (5-1, 2-1 SEC) hit the road to face No. 24 Ole Miss (5-2, 2-1 SEC) on Saturday at Vaught–Hemingway Stadium. Now trailing LSU and Alabama in the SEC West, the Aggies cannot afford to lose another game if they want to remain in serious contention to play in Atlanta for the SEC Championship game.
Here’s a roundup of all the updated bowl projections after Week 7 involving the undefeated Aggies:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) – Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) – Outback Bowl vs. Iowa
- ESPN (Greg Ostendorf) – Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl (no opponent listed)
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) – AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Texas Tech
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) – Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl vs. Michigan
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) – AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Texas
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) – Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl vs. Utah