Texas A&M bowl projections after 5-2 start
Texas A&M enters Week 9 coming off back-to-back losses to Alabama and Ole Miss. While the season is far from over, the Aggies are now not only unranked in the AP Top 25 Poll, but they are also in their second week of being out of a New Year’s Six Bowl in all eight expert projections.
Texas A&M (5-2, 2-2 SEC) will face South Carolina (3-4, 1-4 SEC) at home on Halloween at Kyle Field, as the Aggies are now desperate to find any sort of momentum going in their favor. Now sitting in the bottom half of the SEC West standings, the Aggies will need to win out the rest of the conference games if they want any shot in competing for the SEC Championship.
Here’s a roundup of all the updated bowl projections after Week 8 involving the Aggies. Worth noting that four out of the seven opponents listed are currently unranked:
- CBSSports.com (Jerry Palm) – Outback Bowl vs. Northwestern
- CollegeFootballNews.com (Pete Fiutak) – AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Texas
- ESPN (David Ching) – Outback Bowl (no opponent listed)
- ESPN (Mark Schlabach) – AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Texas Tech
- ESPN (Brett McMurphy) – TaxSlayer Bowl vs. North Carolina
- SaturdayDownSouth.com (Brad Crawford) – Outback Bowl vs. Iowa
- SBNation.com (Jason Kirk) – AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl vs. Oklahoma State
- SportingNews.com (Bill Bender) – TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Duke