2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
Head coach Derek Mason is making some big changes for the Commodores this week, and there’s nothing to debate.
Vanderbilt (2-4, 0-3 SEC) has plenty of room for improvement after losing to South Carolina (3-4, 1-4 SEC). The Commodores had “giveaways” rather than turnovers, according to Mason, and the team currently has the worst turnover margin in the SEC. The homecoming game is quickly approaching, and there are question marks at a number of positions.
Here are two things to know:
- Mason is ‘exploring every option’ when it comes to who will be playing quarterback this coming Saturday. Starter Johnny McCrary has 10 interceptions already, so either sophomore Wade Freebeck or freshman Kyle Shurmur could potentially be the next man up.
- Safety Andrew Williamson returns after missing two weeks due to an arm injury. The senior is back at No. 1 on the depth chart to take on Mizzou in Vandy’s homecoming game.
Other Vanderbilt news from around the Internet
- The Tennessean’s Adam Sparks reported on Vanderbilt’s quarterback situation. Freshman Kyle Shurmur has joined the quarterback competition, so the question remains…who will start on Saturday?
- The kickoff is set for Vanderbilt’s away game and No. 21 Houston. The game on October 31 will start at 6:00 p.m.
The best stories around the SEC
- A.J. McCarron’s wife not happy naked players were shown on TV
- Kentucky simulating cowbells in practice to prepare for Miss. St.
- South Carolina to focus on three coaches for Steve Spurrier’s replacement
- UGA kicker Marshall Morgan hopes to visit Devon Gales soon
- Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd held out of practice with flu