2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
After coming off of Saturday’s tough road loss to the Gators, coach Derek Mason believes the team bounced back and looked good in practice today. Vanderbilt didn’t let up any turnovers, and the team has the same expectations for their upcoming matchup against Kentucky. The Commodores are the slight favorite against the Wildcats after their performance against Florida.
Here are two things to know:
- Senior defensive end Caleb Azubike and quarterback Kyle Shurmur are ready for Kentucky. Caleb Azubike missed three games prior to Florida with a jawline break, and Shurmur missed Florida due to a concussion. Both are back on the field this week, and these key Commodores will be ready to roll against the Wildcats.
- Mason is looking forward to seeing what Vanderbilt can do against Kentucky, especially with Shurmur back on the field to give more depth to the offense. However, special teams is now a questionable sector of the team. The No. 1 placekicker on the depth chart could be Tommy Openshaw or Hayden Lekacz — only time will tell.
The best stories around the SEC
- College Football Playoff rankings released: Alabama jumps up to No. 2, LSU drops to No. 9
- Three reasons why Florida has a gripe with its latest College Football Playoff ranking
- Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin addressed a report about firing the Aggies’ offensive coordinator
- What members of the national media are saying about the second College Football Playoff rankings
- Kentucky RB Boom Williams making steady progress, expects to play against Vanderbilt