Both the football and basketball teams at Vanderbilt are having an action-filled week. The football team is preparing to face the Kentucky Wildcats at home for what could turn into another conference win for the Commodores, while the basketball team just welcomed two 3-star recruits — Payton Willis and Clevon Brown. The season opener is also this Friday night against Austin Peay.
Here are two things to know:
- Coach Derek Mason is expecting Kentucky to play with a dual-quarterback offense on Saturday. He understands the efficiency of a dual-quarterback system because he’s been using it himself with freshman Kyle Shurmur and sophomore Johnny McCrary. As a result, he’s putting the pressure on the Commodores defense in practice this week.
- Coach Kevin Stallings welcomed two new Commodores to the basketball team. Both Payton Willis and Clevon Brown signed their Letters of Intent for Vanderbilt Wednesday and will be playing next season. The two recruits are excited to develop their skills and become better basketball players.
The best stories around the SEC
- Midseason coaching changes turn SEC recruiting fluid, volatile
- NFC scout would take Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott ahead of title-winning QB
- Arkansas fans make hilarious Buffalo Wild Wings parody commercial about crazy Ole Miss win
- New Orleans sack artist removes Missouri from top 5 amid protests
- 4-star WR didn’t want to wash hands after meeting Nick Saban