2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
It’s finally rivalry week in Tennessee Vandy fans! Vanderbilt will have all hands on deck against Tennessee.
The Commodores will travel to Knoxville where they will face a resilient Volunteers’ squad hoping to improve their bowl situation. Sparks should fly as the two face off.
Here are two things to know:
- Coach Derek Mason has put an end to the dual-quarterback system that featured freshman Kyle Shurmur and sophomore Johnny McCrary. Shurmur is officially Vanderbilt’s No. 1 and only quarterback.
- Virginia native Lamont Atkins committed to Vanderbilt a year ahead of time. He’s the No.13 all-purpose back in the nation for the class of 2017; Vanderbilt safety Oren Burks had a heavy influence on his decision.
The best stories around the SEC
- College Football Playoff rankings released: 4 SEC teams ranked in top 25
- Bo Jackson says Derrick Henry is “No. 1 choice” for Heisman Trophy
- A two-loss SEC team could still make the Playoff: Here are the scenarios
- 5 NFL coaches that could replace Les Miles at LSU
- CFP committee: Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for No. 1