It’s finally rivalry week in Tennessee Vandy fans! Vanderbilt will have all hands on deck against Tennessee.
The Commodores will travel to Knoxville where they will face a resilient Volunteers’ squad hoping to improve their bowl situation. Sparks should fly as the two face off.
Here are two things to know:
- Coach Derek Mason has put an end to the dual-quarterback system that featured freshman Kyle Shurmur and sophomore Johnny McCrary. Shurmur is officially Vanderbilt’s No. 1 and only quarterback.
- Virginia native Lamont Atkins committed to Vanderbilt a year ahead of time. He’s the No.13 all-purpose back in the nation for the class of 2017; Vanderbilt safety Oren Burks had a heavy influence on his decision.
The best stories around the SEC
- College Football Playoff rankings released: 4 SEC teams ranked in top 25
- Bo Jackson says Derrick Henry is “No. 1 choice” for Heisman Trophy
- A two-loss SEC team could still make the Playoff: Here are the scenarios
- 5 NFL coaches that could replace Les Miles at LSU
- CFP committee: Alabama hasn’t challenged Clemson for No. 1