The Commodores are locked and loaded for Rivalry Week. Every single impact player will be on the field Saturday for the Tennessee Volunteers, and Vanderbilt has nothing to lose.
This could be the Commodores last game of the season, but if they can pull off a win against the Vols, a bowl could potentially be in the picture. However, this is the furthest thing from coach Derek Mason’s mind right now. He’s worried about the outcome in Week 12 of college football, and the preparation for Tennessee in practice this week has been fierce.
Here are two things to know:
- Mason is pushing Vanderbilt’s defense to take a stand against Tennessee’s run game. If the Commodores are going to have any shot at taking down the Vols, they’ll need to shut down Tennessee’s offensive weapons. Therefore, Vandy’s D is intensely preparing for three specific threats it will face Saturday.
- Although the odds are stacked in Tennessee’s favor, Vanderbilt will be showing up in Knoxville with confidence and a brand new uniform combo. The Commodores are sporting all-white uniforms with matte black helmets.
The best stories around the SEC
- Kirk Herbstreit: Iron Bowl is a “dangerous game” for Alabama
- Report: Several SEC assistant coaches could be targets for Central Florida opening
- Ole Miss football players deliver Thanksgiving baskets to local residents
- Kentucky’s Skal Labissiere has “a long way to go” despite early success
- Alabama’s AJ McCarron, Auburn’s Chris Davis highlight funny new Iron Bowl commercials