2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
Vanderbilt’s football season has come to a close after a 25 point loss to the Tennessee Volunteers. However, the team showed signs of improvement towards the end of the season and can hang its hat on the elite performance of its defense. .
Year two under Derek Mason’s leadership did a lot for the Commodores. It established a unique identity for the defense, and Vanderbilt finally has a quarterback it can call its starter. Although the football team has improved significantly, Vanderbilt’s basketball team is also on the rise. The team has only lost one regular season game so far and has a 33/1 chance of winning an NCAA hoops title.
Here are two things to know:
- Vanderbilt basketball moved up to No. 13 in the AP Coaches Poll. The Commodores finished second in the Maui Invitational last week. They beat St. John’s and Wake Forest, but lost to No. 6 Kansas. The 2015-2016 basketball season looks pretty bright for Vandy.
- Center Damian Jones had a lot of hype going into the season, and so far he’s lived up to it. The big man could go down as one of the best centers in school history after his third season at Vanderbilt comes to a close, and there’s no doubt he’ll be ready for the NBA draft in 2016.
The best stories around the SEC
- College Football Playoff rankings released: 5 SEC teams ranked in Top 25
- UGA’s Jeremy Pruitt is a candidate for South Carolina job
- Mississippi State’s Dan Mullen, ex-UGA coach Mark Richt in mix for Miami job
- UGA QB commit Jacob Eason arrives on Florida’s campus for official visit
- Alabama at No. 1 over Clemson? College Football Playoff Committee “debated long and hard” about it