The Vanderbilt Commodores (3-5, 1-3 SEC) will be traveling to the Swamp this Saturday to take on the Florida Gators (7-1, 5-1 SEC). Florida needs this game to seal the SEC East, and Vanderbilt needs it for a chance to prove it isn’t the same team that suffered an embarrassing shutout last week.
Here are two things to know:
- Coach Derek Mason tweeted out the uniform combination the Commodores will be sporting in the Swamp this Saturday. The matchup will be an interesting one because Vanderbilt has the ability to play spoiler in the race for the SEC title.
- Mason gave his quarterbacks a “special talk” on turnovers. The Commodores have the worst turnover margin in the SEC, so Mason’s latest attempt at solving the problem was a face-to-face talk. The Vanderbilt quarterbacks have thrown a total of 14 interceptions, which is the fifth-most interceptions thrown by any FBS team.
The best stories around the SEC
- SEC fans confess their shameful secrets in hilarious spoof video
- Alabama has best odds in SEC of making the College Football Playoff
- Ole Miss needs help but has a path to the College Football Playoff
- Tennessee recruit draws comparisons to ex-LSU star Odell Beckham Jr.
- Wins over Missouri helped put Dan Mullen on the map