2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
Vanderbilt’s effort against Florida on Saturday gives the Commodores confidence that they can beat Kentucky this week. Vanderbilt (3-6, 1-4 SEC) proved it belongs in the SEC after competing with one of the best. The defense stepped up once again and the offense limited its turnovers, which has been the team’s downfall all season.
Coach Derek Mason believes that the Commodores are just as good as the Gators after watching them compete deep into the fourth quarter. There’s no reason to doubt that their next performance will be any less than what they managed in the Swamp on Saturday.
Here are two things to know:
- Vanderbilt players and alumni took to Twitter after experiencing what was described as an “agonizing loss.” The Commodores battled throughout the entire game and didn’t allow the Gators to clinch the SEC East easily. Alumni were proud to be a part of the Vanderbilt community after the game. They also felt that Mason deserved the win.
- Vanderbilt will be back in Nashville this weekend to take on Kentucky after being on the road for back-to-back games. Vegasinsider.com has deemed Vanderbilt as the slight favorite.
The best stories around the SEC
- Missouri coach Gary Pinkel confirms team boycott in statement
- What does this mean for Gary Pinkel and Missouri’s football team?
- SEC Haters: “So basically Northern Illinois is the best team in the SEC”
- Johnny Manziel gives Texas A&M’s Kyler Murray major props
- The SEC’s Big Picture: Déjà vu all over again. ‘Bama is back in first place.