2 things every Vanderbilt fan needs to know today
Derek Mason is still keeping Vanderbilt’s quarterback situation quiet. The Commodores will be facing a top-notch SEC defense, so whoever starts at the position will need to step up.
Although aspects of the football team remain hidden, the media is open about where the basketball team stands. The boys on the court have high expectations compared to Vanderbilt (2-4, 0-3 SEC) on the football field.
Here are two things to know:
- The Vanderbilt quarterback situation is still up in the air because coach Mason is not happy with the amount of turnovers Vanderbilt has given up. They have committed 16 turnovers, which is the sixth-most in the nation. Kyle Shurmur, Johnny McCrary, and Wade Freebeck are all options for the starting position.
- The media projected Vandy’s basketball team to finish second in the SEC behind the Kentucky Wildcats. The Commodores have seven of the top nine players on the team returning from last year, including four starters.
Other Vanderbilt news from around the Internet
- AP sports writer Teresa M. Walker reported on Mason’s patience running thin with quarterback Johnny McCrary. The sophomore has an SEC-worst 10 interceptions this season, and his starting position is no longer safe.
- Missouri vs. Vanderbilt has the lowest over/under line since 2004 according to Ty Duffy with thebiglead.com. The expectations for both offenses aren’t high.
The top stories around the SEC
- Alabama RB Kenyan Drake writes touching message to fallen teammate Altee Tenpenny
- Former Alabama RB Altee Tenpenny has died
- Arkansas OL, Auburn DL land verbal jabs ahead of key matchup
- Auburn commemorates “Back to the Future” Day with photoshop of coaches
- Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin ready to match wits with another friend, Ole Miss’s Hugh Freeze