It’s another day on SEC Country and that means more updates for Vandy fans. The Commodores will be hosting the Aggies on Senior Day, and it’ll be the first appearance by Texas A&M in Vanderbilt Stadium.
Here are four things to know:
- Vanderbilt offensive coordinator Andy Ludwig admitted he’s run the “Sneaky Pete” trick play that fooled Kentucky’s defense three times in his coaching career. It’s only been successful two of the times he’s run it, and both times were at Vanderbilt. The failed attempt was at Cal Berkeley.
- Inside linebacker Zach Cunningham is one of the SEC’s top tacklers. The sophomore had 10 total tackles and five solo tackles against the Wildcats, and he has performed this well or better in every game. He’s an enormous part of the Commodores defense, which has managed to keep opponents under their scoring averages all season.
- Vanderbilt is the only school to have two baseball players finish in the top three for the CY Young Award. David Price was second and Sonny Gray finished third as two of the top pitchers in Major League Baseball.
- Luke Kornet may not play in Vanderbilt’s Thursday basketball game. The junior post player sprained his ankle Monday against Gardner-Webb and hasn’t touched the court much since.
The best stories around the SEC
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema wants an SEC-Big Ten Challenge in football.
- Report: Steve Spurrier considering ambassador role at South Carolina.
- What would an SEC-Big Ten football challenge look like?
- Missouri AD on replacing coach Gary Pinkel: “I’m not into the hottest names, I’m more about winning titles.”
- Expert: Kentucky’s class No. 1 “without question,” might be John Calipari’s best.